Yalla China · Guide · Hospitals in China · Queen Mary Hospital

Queen Mary Hospital

瑪麗醫院(玛丽医院)
📍 Hong Kong · Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong Island 🏅 Public tertiary/quaternary teaching hospital (Hospital Authority — Hong Kong West Cluster); main teaching hospital of the University of Hong Kong Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine 🚑 24h emergency

ℹ️ Hospital info

🕐 Opening hoursAccident & Emergency (A&E) open 24h; specialist outpatient clinic hours vary by department — check the Hospital Authority website
🩺 DepartmentsEmergency, Cardiothoracic surgery, Organ transplantation, Neurosurgery, Oncology, Internal medicine, General surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology
🗣️ LanguagesHong Kong's healthcare system is entirely separate from mainland China's: primary languages are Cantonese and English (plus traditional written Chinese); English signage/service is common in public hospitals, but Arabic is not typically available — bring a translation app or companion
🌐 Websitewww3.ha.org.hk/qmh

Founded 1937; one of Hong Kong's largest and oldest public hospitals and the principal referral centre for Hong Kong Island West. IMPORTANT: Hong Kong's registration and payment system is entirely separate from mainland China — currency is HK$, non-resident A&E/outpatient fees are paid by cash or card, and mainland China's '挂号' (guahao) system plus WeChat/Alipay payment are not used the same way here; bring your passport and any travel/health insurance

📍 Address

102 Pokfulam Road, Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
Address in Chinese (for taxis): 香港薄扶林道102号

🇨🇳 Inside China use Baidu or Amap; Google Maps needs a VPN.

🚇 Getting there

🚌
Bus

From MTR Hong Kong University Station, Exit B, take the shuttle minibus or walk uphill to the hospital; public bus routes 4, 30, 91 and others stop near Pok Fu Lam

🧭
From the city centre

From Central, Hong Kong: MTR to HKU Station then shuttle minibus to the hospital; or a direct taxi showing 'Queen Mary Hospital 瑪麗醫院'

💬 Medical phrases to show the doctor/pharmacist

Tap any phrase to copy the Chinese and show it to hospital or pharmacy staff.

Describing symptoms14
I'm sick, I feel pain here.
我生病了,这里疼。
I feel very unwell.
我很不舒服。
I have a bad cold.
我得了重感冒。
I have a fever.
我发烧了。
I have a terrible headache, please help.
我头疼得很厉害,请帮我。
I have diarrhea, please give me medicine.
我拉肚子,请给我开药。
I feel nauseous and want to vomit.
我恶心,想吐。
I have stomach/abdominal pain.
我胃疼/肚子疼。
I have chest pain and shortness of breath.
我胸疼,呼吸困难。
I feel dizzy and about to faint.
我头晕,快要晕倒了。
I have a toothache.
我牙疼。
I have a sore throat and a cough.
我嗓子疼,还咳嗽。
I'm injured here (I'll point).
我这里受伤了(我指给您看)。
This pain started two days ago.
这个疼痛是两天前开始的。
Chronic conditions & allergies9
I have diabetes and I'm low on insulin.
我有糖尿病,胰岛素不够了。
I have high blood pressure.
我有高血压。
I have a heart condition.
我有心脏病。
I have asthma.
我有哮喘。
I'm allergic to penicillin / some medicines.
我对青霉素/某些药物过敏。
I'm allergic to certain foods.
我对某些食物过敏。
I take this medicine daily (I'll show you).
我每天服用这个药(给您看)。
I am pregnant.
我怀孕了。
I need a prescription to refill my medication.
我需要处方来续配我的药。
At the pharmacy / asking for medicine9
I need a painkiller.
我要止痛药。
I need something for fever.
我要退烧药。
I need anti-diarrhea medicine.
我要止泻药。
I need cold and cough medicine.
我要感冒药和止咳药。
I need stomach medicine.
我要胃药。
I need an antibiotic (with prescription).
我要抗生素(凭处方)。
I need bandages and antiseptic.
我要创可贴和消毒液。
How do I take this medicine? How many times a day?
这个药怎么吃?一天几次?
Is this safe with my current medication?
这个药和我现在吃的药一起吃安全吗?
At the hospital / logistics8
Where is the emergency department?
急诊科在哪里?
I need a doctor who speaks English.
我需要一位会说英语的医生。
I want to register to see a doctor.
我要挂号看病。
How much does the visit and treatment cost?
看病和治疗要多少钱?
Can I pay by card or WeChat/Alipay?
可以刷卡或用微信/支付宝付款吗?
I need a medical report and receipt for insurance.
我需要诊断报告和发票用于保险。
Please call an Arabic interpreter if possible.
如果可以,请帮我叫一位阿拉伯语翻译。
Where is the nearest pharmacy?
最近的药房在哪里?
Emergency4
Help! Call an ambulance.
救命!请叫救护车。
This is an emergency.
这是紧急情况。
Someone is unconscious.
有人昏迷了。
I need urgent help.
我需要紧急帮助。

🛡️ Most public hospitals require payment first, then you claim from insurance. Keep every receipt (发票 fāpiào) and medical report. International travel/medical insurance is recommended; some International/VIP hospital departments bill insurers directly.